The core program is Thursday and Friday. Everything else is optional. Specific Event Details Below.
If you aren't on the City Collective 2016 event GroupMe, join here.
Wednesday, October 12
9:00p - Jon Tyson's 40th birthday celebration (at Cigar Inn)
Thursday, October 13 (at TGC Offices)
9:00a - Worship & Welcome
9:30a - Devotion & Prayer - Caleb Clardy
10:15a - Session 1 - Group Updates
12:00p - Lunch - The Australian
1:30p - Session 2 - Jon Tyson
5:00p - Afternoon Break - Dinner on your Own
7:30p - Session 3 - Cigars as Sacrament (at Nat Sherman)
9:30p - Optional Drinks (TBD)
Friday, October 14 (at TGC Offices)
9:00a - Worship
9:30a - Devotion & Prayer - Tyler Staton
10:15a - Session 4 - Darren Whitehead
12:00p - Lunch (catered in)
1:00p - Session 5 - Final Session
2:30p - Program Concludes
6:00p - Optional Group Dinner (TBD)
Other Event Details
Jon's 40th Birthday Celebration - You should have received a Paperless Post email invitation from Guy Wasko (check your spam). This event will begin at 9pm, on Wednesday, Oct 12. It is an informal time to celebrate Jon. There is no cover for the event, but the venue requests that all guests purchase two cigars as part of the rental agreement. Location is Cigar Inn, 1016 2nd Avenue, New York, NY 10022.
Cigar Night at Nat Sherman - We have the Nat Sherman lounge reserved from 7:30 to 9:30 on Thursday evening. Cigars, beer, wine, and desserts will be included, with additional cigars available for purchase. Billy will be facilitating a group discussion as well. Location is Nat Sherman, 12 E. 42nd st, New York, NY 10017.
Center for City Renewal - On Saturday morning, Center for City Renewal will be hosting one of their quarterly events, from 10a-11:30a, with Savannah Guthrie at Scandinavia House. Details are here, but the event is free for you.
All Parish Gathering - On Sunday, TGC will host it's bi-annual "All Parish Gathering," which convenes all 11 parishes of TGC throughout the city together for a single worship service. The service will start at 10:30 am, at Washington Irving High School, 40 Irving Place, New York, NY 10003.
For anything else, email firstname.lastname@example.org
around the city
A few select recommendations within a 10-15 minute walk from the TGC offices.
- New York Public Library - reading room, great wifi, tables, outlets.
- Bryant Park - the park itself has free wifi. Can be spotty.
- Gregory's Coffee - a few locations, good wifi.
- Le Pain Quotidian - cafe and restaurant, good wifi.
- Joe and the Juice - North side of Bryant Park, good wifi.
- WeWork Bryant Park - you have to buy a day pass, but offices are great.
- Ace Hotel lobby - Great place to work from, if you can find a seat.
- Culture Espresso - 38th and 6th
- Madmen Espresso - 30th and 6th
- Blue Bottle Coffee - Bryant Park & Rockefeller Center
- Stumptown Coffee @ the Ace Hotel - 29th and Bwy
- Irving Farms Roasters - in Grand Central Station Food Hall
- Toby's Estate Coffee - in UrbanSpace Vanderbilt
- Urban Space Vanderbilt - Food hall with numerous options
- Cocina del Sur - Argentine style meat and vegetable plates
- Untamed Sandwiches - speaks for itself!
- Sophie's Cuban Cuisine - new Cuban sandwiches
- Salvation Taco - Solid choice for mexican food
- Num Pang - Vietnamese Banh Mi Sandwiches
- Bonchon Chicken - cheap Korea-town staple (5th ave)
- Burger Joint - Hole in the wall burger place, hidden inside Le Parker Meridien
- District Social - Elevated "pub" style with great drinks
- Izakaya Mew - popular basement Japanese Ramen and Noodles place.
- Calle Dao - fusion Cuban and Chinese food, good atmosphere.
- Parker and Quinn - New American food in the Refinery Hotel.
- Shake Shack - Classic NYC burgers - Madison Square Park is the best one.
- Kung Fu Little Steamed Buns Ramen - Critically-acclaimed pork buns.
- BEA - New American in Hell's Kitchen
- The Ginger Man - huge beer selection - $
- Beer Culture - small, with craft beers - $
- Reichenbach Hall - Octoberfest style hall - $
- Raines Law Room - Speakeasy cocktails - $$
- Refinery Hotel Rooftop - $$
- Spyglass Hotel Rooftop - $$
- The Breslin @ Ace Hotel - $$
- The NoMad Bar - $$
- The Flatiron Room - world-class whiskey selection - $$$